Thursday, November 5, 2015

Ideas To Spruce Up Your Home and Not spend a Lot of Money


I am so excited to show some of the projects that I have been working on.  I taught a class on how to design and save on decorating your home.  I am a bargain hunter and feel I have a good eye for sturdy and useful pieces of furniture, etc.  See what you think!  Also a great thing is to freshen up your walls with a new color of paint.  Cut some Hosta leaves or an Elephant Ear leaf and display in clear vase.  Display a favorite verse or saying, glue to piece of scrapbook decorative paper and frame it.  I display mine by my kichen sink. Hang empty frames in a group, all the same color.  Use an empty window frame to color in panes with blackboard paint, or attach pictures, etc.  Invite a friend over, start at your front door and access what you could change and improve.  Be sure to keep an open mind when it comes to moving furniture, etc from one location to another.  Use a bed room piece in the living room.  You can do it.  I wish you eyes to see how to make your home better!





                Use your very own photos in your projects.  It is much more personal.


Use a sewing machine in between two beds as a table.


This sofa was given to me.  I found this slip cover for $15 and now the pattern on the sofa is hidden and it matches my bedroom.  I found the pillows and my daughter did the monogram for me.




Another steal was the lounge chair.  I found it for $20 and covered it with blanket, added some pillows and a throw at the foot.  A wonderful place to read a book!



In my bathroom I could not find black towel bars.  It seemed that every time I wanted something I was one step behind the times.  Now it is everywhere.  To make do I bought paper towel racks.  I think it turned out alright!




Behind my door in bathroom I hung a black iron basket to hold my towels for guest.




We just purchased a smart television.  I was determined not to have to buy a stand for it.  I went into my bedroom and there was my clothes chest of drawers.  We have built storage into our closet and I do not use this chest anymore.  The drawers hold all the DVDs, etc.  Loving it.





I use a wooden ironing board in my dining area to hold desserts or beverage.



Two ideas to jazz up those table tops.  I put old greeting cards under glass in a bedroom and crocheted dollies under glass on an antique sideboard.  I have enjoyed this and it protects furniture.


I hope you have enjoyed these ideas and will keep an eye out for that bargain piece and put it to good use in your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment